Saturday, January 18, 2014

Life in the MTC


Alec just before we dropped him off at the MTC  
.  
We received 3 emails from Alec on Friday, just two days after we dropped him off!
Life in the MTC

I forgot more than just my 'tainers... Luckily I havent needed them yet but please send them ASAP. Im the zone leader for my zone so i get to pick up the mail twice a day! Im also what is called a "Solo Missionary" here in the MTC. I have an assigned companion but he is learning a different language. I also found out were still pronouncing Hilagaynon wrong. its like hill-uh-guy-non... weird. Its also referred to as "Ilonggo." I really enjoy all the other elders i have around me. They're pretty cool, and since things arent crazy after day one, which BT Dubbs like 30 minutes after you guys dropped me off i was already in class learning Ilonggo. It's mad cray cray. so far i can say: yes, no, whats up, thank you, maybe, and I know that my savior jesus christ lives (yes, that did escalate quickly.) I have 2 name tags, the one like Prez. Perez showed us and a magnetic one (its pretty legit). I miss you guys, and remind Jake and Jack to be strong and that they can always pray if they need help or guidance. I love you all, and today (Friday) is my P-day so ive been in my shorts and toby shirt all day and i thought someone would say something until i saw an elder with a bob marley thing... So im good. 

Sincerely,
        Elder Archuleta

Email #2
pssstttttt 
it was my scriptures....

Email #3
pssstttttt (again)
Send some more snacks too... and some DP.... they only have root beer and fresca here (which isn't too bad but still i needs it) 

Oh also i told the other Elders you make some awesome banana bread.... so send some of that too!


I will send pictures next Friday. i literally have not had time to take pictures. Freaking Ilonggo.... But yea stuff and yea. The food here is like REALLY good and stuff so I'm well fed. I'm not sick but everyone else either is or just was. Weird.


More info about the solo missionary status:
Since I'm a solo elder, I don't always have to have my companion. I can walk around with any 2 elders I want, or the two sister missionaries from my class (but that's the only time i can walk with sister missionaries)


Today i went through the temple with my zone (the elders I'm with) and it was kinda weird not having dad there. But i was dressed quicker than most of the other elders (THANK YOU SLIP HOOKS)

Thanks for all the other shnacks and I'm assuming it was dads idea to send the mints. Good thing, gum is like a HUGE no no here because in like most cultures that's like super rude (especially in the Philippines)

Salamat! (thank you!)

Elder Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment