Tuesday, November 18, 2014

57 weeks left....

Dearest Family,

Aloha!  Totally Hawaiian, but then again that's how President always greets us. I am really tempted to not write in English. But the only problem is that I would have to translate for y'alls.. And I don't have the time. Next time na lang! 

SO this past week has been interesting. We had Elder and Sister Ardern speak to us and give us some training.. And MAN was that a lot. Seriously, I'm still trying to process everything. I ended up taking 4 pages of notes, 3 of them are just of what Elder Ardern taught. Although this week on will be different. I will be applying EVERYTHING that I learned to my work. 

SO You area all going to Spain! That's cool! Oddly I'm jealous, despite the fact I'm living in a tropical island for the (almost) past year and for another. I think it's more you're-doing-it-as-a-family thing and I'm not there. Basta! (Whatever!) You should all come here. It's crazy awesome. (But please don't come while I'm still serving.. More like when I'm coming home, come get me :D Yay) It'll give you a chance to experience what I had to do for 2 years! Plus IT"S THE PHILIPPINES SO WHY NOT? :D Awesome, thanks for deciding to come get me. (I used your agency for all of you). 

SO as I am writing this to you, someone is blasting "Let It Go" from Frozen.. And I will not say if I am singing along or not. 

So I found out today that I can call on Christmas! :D The only problem I have with that is that I call on Christmas for me, so Christmas Eve for you! D: At least it's a holiday this time so you will all be awake. If anyone else wants to be there, they have their agency :D 

SO this is probably the longest letter that I've written, and I have to do something for Dad, so I will end it here.

Palangga ko kamo! Tani nahibal-an ninyo ina. Kamo ang pinaka nami nga pamilya. 

Love,
Elder Totally-not-trunky Archuleta

His dad asked him to write a letter to the youth for a combined activity he was in charge of.  This is one of those amazing letters that you can't wait to get from your missionary! We are so proud of our Elder!  This letter brought tears to our eyes as we read it.

Dear Lincoln 6th ward youth, (yes, all of you, even the one hiding at the back of the group..)

So I don't really know where to start with this. Bro. Archuleta kind of didn't give me much to work with, but that's my dad :D I think I will make it specifically to the YM and YW.

To the Young Men:
First and foremost, how is your reading of the Preach My Gospel? You should ALL have a copy. (if not, go complain to Bishop or President Shaffer.) If you have one but aren't reading it, SHAME ON YOU! START READING IT! D:< Also, one thing that I wish I would have done: START TO PREPARE NOW! Especially the Geek-ons (I meant deacons...). But that also goes for you Teachers and Priests! Start today! 
So we all know what I was like before the mission, I mean come on, it was me. But looking back, I regret a lot. So my other point I want to get across to all of you- live your life in a way that you can look back and SMILE and be PROUD of what you've accomplished. Other things: Be nice to the YW (I said be NICE, you don't have to LIKE them), Respect your leaders, Honor your parents, Serve the Lord, and don't go after super-charged creepers without the proper equipment and armor (Someone laughed at that, Probably Kevin or one of the Jake's).

To the Young Women:
Well... Yea! Woo! I honestly DON"T know what I'm going to say. Write the missionaries, don't antagonize the YM, Read your Book of Mormon... You know, the typical missionary things we missionaries say. Even though it is not required of you, I do encourage those who want to serve to DO IT! The mission has taught me a lot, and I know it will help you all. But if not, Go to School! Get a Job! Be Proactive! Be a GOOD EXAMPLE, not a PRIDEFUL ONE. Remember: [YOU} ARE DAUGHTERS of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. WE WILL “STAND as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as [you] strive to live the Young Women values, which are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. [YOU] BELIEVE as [you] come to accept and act upon these values, [YOU] WILL BE PREPARED to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

(No, I did NOT use copy and paste for that...)

TO ALL:
Something that Sister Archuleta would always say to me (and I literally do mean ALWAYS... Ask Jakob or Even Sister Archuleta) is this:

"REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR." -Sister Archuleta, in various times talking to Elder Archuleta before he would leave for anything... 

Why: One day, maybe tomorrow or next week or sometime in the unforeseeable future, you WILL have those values challenged. You will be pushed back to a wall and forced to make a stand.

I know that this is the true church, being led by a living prophet and living apostles. I know that as long as we continue on the path we stepped on when we got baptized, We WILL return to him. I know all of these things are true, and I know that my English grammar is probably wrong or horrible... So sorry about that. :D

-Elder Archuleta
Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment