Tuesday, November 4, 2014

So this is going to be interesting...

Dear dad,

Happy Birthday (on Wednesday)!

So the field has been pretty much the same.  Now that I'm going to be follow up training, I think things will start to be fun.  We will see how that goes...

Mission your is on the 11th, and for mission tour, a general authority comes and speaks to the whole mission, and sometimes they tour the mission (hence the name).

The way the celebrate Halloween here is actually on November 1st and they spend like all day at the cemetery remembering all the people they know that have died.  It's kind of cool actually.

My area right now?  I really won't know until Wednesday.  I will make sure to let you know next week.  Any plans for your birthday?

Well I have to go figure out what's going on later today, so I will get to you next week.

Also, President said last week that the Philippines Bacolod Mission is (as of now) the #1 Baptizing mission in the world.  When I got here it was just #1 in the Philippines.  The work is hastening!

Elder Archuleta
Philippines Bacolod Mission

From Dad:
That sounds exciting that a general authority will be speaking at you mission.

No big plans for my birthday, I chose sloppy joes for my birthday dinner.

That is big news to be top baptizing mission in the world.  Keep working hard, and you're right, the work is hastening.

From Elder Archuleta:
It's the area President for the Philippines, Elder Adern.  It's awesome, but it means so much is required.  You literally have to give more than you know you have to the mission, that's how exhausting it is.  But on the bright side, I've gotten tan, skinny, I'll come home knowing 3 Filipino dialects, and having served The Lord with everything I had, which makes it more worth it than anything.

From Dad:
Serving a mission is very valuable and will benefit you forever.  Keep up the good work.

From Elder Archuleta:
Which is why I'm glad I served.  The only regret I had was not being as prepared as I should have been or wanted to be.




Dearest Family of mine,

So this week has been... Fun? I really don't know what to say about it. A lot has happened in the past few days which makes life crazy. So Elder Agbuya transferred, I got a new companion (Elder Pineda), we were companions for 3 days, then I got transferred earlier this morning. So guess what? I'M FOLLOW UP TRAINING! My companion (Elder Liquiran) has been here for about 6 weeks now... So I'll be here in Bacolod until tomorrow. 

But on the good side, I had some baptisms! I will send those right away. :D 

Other than that I'm not really sure what's going on right now, It's almost on a need to know basis kind of thing right now. It's whatever. 

That's pretty much all I got for now. I loves you all

Elder Archuleta

From Mom:
What?  Are you kidding me????  That's it?  I don't even know what follow up training means!

From Elder Archuleta:
It means I will basically be a trainer. Training is 12 weeks, so I will be finishing up this Elders Training.  Which reminds me of something President said, to be a trainer you had to have been a Zone Leader, And I haven't even been a District Leader yet. 

From Mom:
So are you staying and living in Bacolod now?

From Elder Archuleta:
Until tomorrow afternoon, I will go to my assigned area. There is follow up training tomorrow.

From Mom:
But you don't know your assigned area?

From Elder Archuleta:
I do, I just don't go to it until tomorrow because there is training here in Bacolod tomorrow. 

From Mom:
Ok.  It's so crazy how you get transferred a lot.  Where is your new area?  Or are you keeping it a secret?

From Elder Archuleta:
Tapi. (pronounced Tah-pee). It's in Kabankalan Zone. Southern area.

Pictures!


September Arrivals and Trainers Follow Up Training  (It's a version of "Where's Elder Archuleta"!!)  Thank you President Lopez!







President Lopez 


PIZZA!!  


Note that there are two tables under this pizza!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment