Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lizard named Kevin...

JUNE 29, 2014


So this week is transfers.. so if there is a transfer it will happen on Wednesday.

Nothing much has been happening, But I'm glad to hear that Davis and Alyssa gave their talks.

I have pictures and hopefully a video to send! If not I will cheat and use my normal Email. 

Also, Aunt Holly and them emailed me, I will fwd the email. I love what Avery wrote, It's totally gibby. 

Elder Archuleta

The lizard is named Kevin, he lives in our house. :D




I forgot to shave so I went full out and looked like santa... I even shaved it off until I looked like Dad! :D Forgot to take a picture of that.



So last week I was making dinner and I was choppin up some calamansi (do we have that back home?) and totally sliced my finger. This was after I cleaned it up adn cut off the hanging nail.. It was awesome. :D

Mom: 
Are you nervous to transfer maybe?  It will be crazy to not know until next Sunday.....

Elder Archuleta:
No. President has said if you are worried about transfers, want to transfer, or are thinking about transfers, you wont transfer. I really don't mind if I will transfer or not. I kind of don't want to, we've been working with a family for two weeks now and they're getting baptized in 3 weeks.


From the previous week, pictures of Zone Conference and randome pictures Elder Archuleta sent:


Zone Conference Pictures from President Lopez' Facebook page:

Elder Archuleta and Elder Cano

EMAIL FROM JUNE 22..I skipped a week!  WHAT???

Mom emailed and asked specific questions

Dearest Mother,

Mom:  I read on the missionary mom email group I belong to, it said that wen you get to the mission home you leave your suit there until you get home.  Did you do this?
Yep. It's so when you go home you can wear it and look as good as you did when you got here.
You were excited to weigh yourself...did you lose weight?
I currently weigh 165 lbs. I've lost 40 lbs! :D
Did you take pictures for us this week?
I took some and Elder Cano took some. He bought a camera!
Alyssa and Davis are leaving soon for the MTC, do you have any advice I can pass along to them?
Just a few simple things: 
Davis: Rely on the spirit, don't worry if the language doesn't come right away. I've been out here for almost 5 months and I still have problems talking! PMG chapters 7 and 10 will be your best friend!
Alyssa: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DRINK THE OJ AT THE MTC. Also, remember to love what you do and to never, ever, EVER lose faith. I think Elder Holland said "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your beliefs." Or something like that. Chapter 4, 5, and 6 in PMG are awesome!
Do you think you could make a short video message for me to share with the family at the family reunion?  I am making a video about our family.
I can probably get that done this week and email it to you next week. We better go to the reunion when I get home too.
How was your church attendance this week?  New investigators?  New commitments for baptisms?  Anyone we can help you pray for?
Well since we got here, church attendance has increased. But the thing Elder Cano and I realized is that there are like roughly 60 people coming to church and about 12 of them are guys... Rather fun :D We ran into a family last week, and the dad is an RM! The mom is a non-member, but she wants her and her kids to be baptized!

I'll get to the pictures in a bit. I have to borrow Elder Canos sd card! Haha!

ELDER ARCHULETA'S PICTURES:

Ako! (Me!)
Look at how my clothes don't fit... like even the pants that I brought that WERE skinny jeans to me are like super baggy. Possibly try to include picture next week.  

Chicken Curry. (this is for elder Cano's mom, but I photobmbed it :D woo!)

Elder Cano taking a picture of me while I'm taking a picture of him... He enjoys having a camera. :D

Elders selfie!

Shnacks for days...

Or maybe hours??

Selfie! Elder Cano inspired. 












No comments:

Post a Comment