Monday, September 7, 2015

My fellow peeps

Well hello there once again. Last time we left off, not a whole lot had happened. SO in this weeks adventures.... I'm not really sure. I'll see what I got. 

So here we have some of our water containers...It takes forever to fill them up (well not really, like 20 minutes at most). Bust because 'MURICA and stuffs, here we have one filling another while filling another one! :D IT actually only took like 35ish minutes! 


Here we have the actual "Trunky Letter." I got it Last monday after we emailed, and it felt heavy. Not because it has a ton of papers in it, but because its a physical representation of "Hey yo time be up fool so make the best out of what you've got left" kind of a feel to it. Definitely a bittersweet thing, like dark chocolate. Chocolate....

This is a copy of a bible my companion has. It is literally the size of my thumb and (as seen here) is actually readable. It's cool, even if its only the books of Moses. 

And here we have beloved BACOLOD NORTH ZONE! The sisters didn't tell any of the elders that they wrote their names on the chalkboard, so that's why there are no Elders on there.... #SistersForReal? 

But other than that, this week has been pretty okay. Yesterday one of the members of the bishopric forgot me and welcomed me to the ward and asked how long I've been in the mission... At least he didn't do it DURING sacrament meeting... #TotallyForgotten But Bishop was even better, last week when Elder Lacdao introduced himself to Bishop, he asked Elder how long he had been in the mission, to which Elder said he's not even a year into his mission. Bishop then says "Oh." Looks at me, and starts to laugh... Like the whole Oh-snap-you-go-home-soon-but-he-doesn't kind of a laugh. Elder Lacdao and I still make jokes about it.

ALSO! Remember how we always saw those ruins things whenever we looked up Bacolod? Totally found out it's in my area, we're going next week. :D 

I really hope everyone is okay this week. I know I've still got some time (according to Elder Casper I have 1/8 of my mission left), but everyone keeps telling me I go home soon. I like it and don't at the same time #EndOfMyMissionCrisis #I'mNotTrunkyButEveryoneIsForMe #MALAPIT NALANG KO

Peace out my peeps,
 
Elder Archuleta
Philippines Bacolod Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment